Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Things are moving forward...

Sorry for not posting for a while, but I have had to focus on the installation of one of my design projects this week. It may not come as a surprise to you, but it did for me, these projects moving forward is completely dependent on me. The fact is exhilarating, nerve-wracking, and empowering.

We got all of the large pieces in but need to do a lot of painting, hanging of artwork, and organizing. Also, since we are DIY-ing many pieces, those need to be created as well. We are far from finished, but I think my clients can now see my vision a bit better. My favorite quote from this past weekend, once we got the big pieces in and the layout finalized, was "It's like real people live here!" 

style.com then via honestlywtf

It's a funny thing to say, but it got me thinking... One thing I realized recently about interior design that hadn't occurred to me before, is that it is empowering. In many cases, people live with furniture and artwork that they have "always had." The current look of the abode seems to never have been a conscious choice, but an acquisition; furniture purchased out of necessity in college, or a gifted to them as newlyweds. Once you get down to it, these projects embolden the homeowner to identify their style and select pieces that suit them now, not their past selves. I'm seeing the affect of this all over my clients' faces. They're thrilled to see a beautiful sofa for their everyday use, artwork that reflects their sense of humor and favorite colors, and a furniture layout that enables them to use the space most effectively. I'm beyond happy to be the facilitator of these changes!

'Til next time!
XO
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment