Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My own artwork, update!

One of my earlier posts touched on painting and creating art. I have since created some of my own pieces and I even have them hanging proudly in my house. I'm pleased to report the actual creation went easily, with the vast blankness of the canvas intimidating me only a bit. (Wine helps.) And having a few images that seem "re-create-able" also helps. Sometimes you just need a good color to help you get started.

Here are three of a series. Colorful abstracts that hopefully convey a certain ease and happiness.









The last two are part of a (potentially incomplete?) series of tree branches. My initial thought was to capture the same branch in different seasons. Perhaps this has been done before... but you have to start somewhere!






The one medium of art that I've been relying on since high school is collage. I just adore the process. The flipping through magazines, snipping choice words and pictures, and then finally sitting down with some rubber cement and my journal or a piece of cardboard waiting to be framed. There is something joyous in the juxtaposition of so many different kinds of typography and colors for me. I've included one of my many collages below. I created this one for Ryan, to encapsulate Summer 2009, a summer filled with many wonderful trips and countless great memories.



I hope you like them!

2 comments: