Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Eye Candy for your Wednesday

How 'bout some lovelies in the turquoise and blue family today?

One lady who does blue well (understatement of the year) is Fiona Douglas. Her own house was featured in a Design Sponge Sneak Peek and do yourself a favor and check it out. The relaxed vibe and the florals are just over the moon perfection to me. A few images from that house tour are found here today.
Fiona Douglas Sneak Peek on Design Sponge

Great blue door, found via one of my favorites
Archados de decoracao via wszystkieporyroku

I have never seen the balustrades painted like this and I think it's genius!! I want to try this!
Amber Interiors

Sweet little vignette. The color of that mirror is so sick, but it's less candy-colored because of the stain she probably used on top. The stain dirties it up a bit.
Unknown designer via Simply Seleta

This seems so cozy, more appropriate for autumn or winter but I love all of the rich colors in this space.
Eeek... unknown source!

Relaxed but sophisticated with earthy tones. You can just breathe easy in this room, can't you?
The talented Tia Zoldan found via Little Green Notebook

I love the feel of this dining nook... except, it doesn't seem to use the space that well, since it's a round table with two bench seats. Know what I mean?
house of turquoise via wszystkieporyroku.blogspot

One of my all time favorite office spaces. Obviously, the focal point is that ridiculous wallpaper. But it's a functional space as well. The shelf along the wall provides storage, but one shelf keeps it streamlined. Many shelves would just cover up that gorgeous print!
Trine from Fern Living from Design Sponge Sneak Peek

Fiona Douglas of Blue Bell Gray again. Brilliant.
Fiona Douglas Sneak Peek on Design Sponge

Emily Henderson's office is functional and cool looking. That chair! It almost makes sitting down to work a bit of a luxury!

I don't think I could live in a space like this, but ohhh I enjoy looking at it.
Rob Brinson and Jill Sharp Brinson's Sneak Peek on Design Sponge

Here's a cool triptych I'd like to try to recreate. It has so much movement and depth, but it would be seriously inexpensive to make.
Unknown artist, found via Jenny Komenda on Babble

Dreamy and beachy. Now, this gets pretty darn close to a theme, which I am intrinsically against. I guess there are exceptions to every rule? In fact, this picture is serving as inspiration for one of my client projects right now.
Matt Albiani in Domino via White and Wander

Last bit of eye candy from Fiona Douglas.
Fiona Douglas Sneak Peek on Design Sponge


I hope you have a beautiful Wednesday and these blues help to provide a sense of calm today.

1 comment:

  1. I always love the color blue. It looks calm, serene and peaceful. To show my dedication to the color, I painted my front door with dark blue. I thought it would look hideous, but it turned out to be a smart decision on my part.

    ReplyDelete