Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rainy Day

So it's rainy here in Nashville so rather than fight the facts, let's embrace it. Take a look at some of the good looking umbrellas, umbrella stands, and genius ideas to contain rainy day mess. 

River rocks or pebbles in a tray (or shallow baking sheet!) to catch rain boot mess while they dry by the door.
 Genius idea from Martha Stewart

It occurred to me that I don't have an umbrella stand and I think it would be sophisticated and chic to have one. Here are a few beauts. By the way, in this case, utility trumps beauty for me: an umbrella stand that breathes = no moldy umbrellas.
From Horchow 

No ventilation, but it sure is cute!

 From Pottery Barn


Here's a creatve idea: hang them in the mud room with pegs. I think it looks cute!
From Martha Stewart

Hope you find yourself singing in the rain today!

No comments:

Post a Comment