Thursday, September 8, 2011

Updated Groovy Glam

I'm about to give my readers whiplash because after featuring a rustic, minimalist cabin yesterday, I'm going 180 degrees in the opposite direction... Today I found a house that is groovy and glam. The colorful and updated textiles (that Suzani! that rug!) keep it from being too sterile or too 70's. Check it out! (Click photos to enlarge.)

Oh yeah and I'll take one of each of those velvet couches. Yum!
Oh and I know the lattice-work room divider is classic 70's, but I love it anyway. I love how it adds a graphic element to the room and a visual division, while maintaining the sense of openness.
Want these fuchsia club chairs in the background of the bedroom. Love! (Sidenote: I've been spelling fuchsia wrong for years! WTH?)

I would definitely add more plushness to this kiddo's room. The choice for the bed is too minimal. Everything else is a statement in the room... I would add a headboard upholstered in navy velvet, like Erin Gate's featured in this post.

I know, I know. I love it too! It's for sale, too, though unfurnished. Click to check out the whole house. Photo cred: Jeff Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment